Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Ode to Vinegar

Well, it's that time of year again... back to school. Whether this brings cheers or jeers in your family, it is probably a time of chaos, excitement and a little anxiety. As a teacher, the first day of school is always a combination of these three things. 

Since I'll be a little short on time for the next couple of weeks while I jump start a new school year, I'd like to do a little mini-series if you will. Each of my next several blog entries will highlight a natural ingredient that I use around my home and in my all-natural cleaning products.

Tonight, I'd like to extol the virtues of white vinegar. Although the smell of vinegar is, at best, unpleasant, you can't beat this simple ingredient for it's versatility. I probably use vinegar around my house in some way or another at least once a day. I use it diluted with water to clean my hardwood floors. I leave a bowl of vinegar on my kitchen counter after cooking bacon to help clear the air. I sprinkle baking soda on my stove top and then pour on a little vinegar for an awesome grease fighting fizz.  I use vinegar as a rinse aid in my dishwasher with my homemade dish detergent to keep my glass sparkling and spot-free. I could go on and on....

Instead, I'd like to share a website I found that literally provides 1001 uses for white vinegar. Click the link to be directed to the "Vinegar Tips" website. 

How do you use vinegar to clean in your home?

Happy Cleaning!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment